- Since December 21, 2015, the Spanish Supreme Court has declared that the banks are responsible.
- They must guarantee the return of the amounts paid for the purchase of homes that were not delivered.
- They will have to pay you an annual interest dof approximately 50% aplus 15%in litigation costs.
- You have until October 2020 to claim against the bank and recover your deposit, even if you have previously lodged a claim against the promotor
MORE THAN 3,000 CASES WITH A 98% SUCCESS RATE
The law is on your side
Law 57/1968 protects buyers of off-plan property. The banks were obliged to protect this money, which did not happen. The Supreme Court is now holding them responsible.
The opportunity is real
The Supreme Court's ruling is firm and cannot be contradicted by any public or private institution. The banks must pay.
You are not alone
Thousands of affected people all over Europe are now recovering their money. Claim what is yours with the guarantee of Spanish Legal Reclaims, specialists in real estate and banking law.
We work 100% No Win, No Fee: You won't have to pay any money up-front. We only charge when we recover your money.
Time is money
The claim deadline is October 6, 2020. Contact us today and we'll analyze your case for FREE.
SLR on BBC News
Luis Cuervo, CEO of SLR, interviewed on BBC News
Our Clients' thankful testimonials!
I would like to thank Spanish Legal Reclaims for their service in helping us with our legal battle to recover inheritance tax which we paid over 4 years ago. It has been a long process but Spanish Legal Reclaims have kept in touch with us and kept us informed about the process until we finally received the monies due to be paid to us. Kind regards,
The service of Spanish Legal Reclaims was efficient, reassuring, and eventually successful. I entered into an agreement to build a house with payments to be made as the construction progressed. We had what we were assured by the bank to be a guarantee. This all collapsed over 10 years ago and we couldn’t get any money back. The service provided by Spanish Legal Reclaims was simple and flawless, keeping us informed throughout the journey.
I would like to thank Spanish Legal Reclaims for the excellent way they handled my case enabling me to get back a stage payment that I had paid out for an apartment in Los Montesinos. I was kept up to date by email, but whenever I phoned the office they dealt with my call with politeness and were always willing to answer any questions. The money was transferred to my bank as soon as the case was won. I cannot thank them enough and would have no hesitation in recommending their services.
Spanish Legal Reclaims took on my case despite there being a low chance of success, however, they ended up winning and recovering the taxes! The process was easy, and the communication was good throughout. I have recommended them to another family member in the same situation. Thanks!
FAQs - Need more info? Read our Frequently Asked Questions
How is SLR different to other law firms? Why should I trust SLR?
- We are experts in this type of claim. We only work with claims of this nature, and we have a success rate of 98%
- We analyse every new legal claim in great detail, together with the most reputed legal experts in Spain, and then we plan the most accurate, winning legal strategy. No improvisation..
- We are 100% neutral and independent from banks or property developers.
- We operate in all Spanish territories (no matter where your property was located).
- We are specialists in recovering money for individuals from Spanish institutions and corporations.
I have tried to recover my deposits back before in Court with a previous lawyer with no result, so why should I try again?
- If you previously went to court to try to recover your deposits back, you probably sued the property developer. As most property developers went bankrupt and then went into liquidation, this course of action was useless and insufficient in most cases.
- No matter if you won in court or not, you probably did not receive any (or little) money back, wasting your time, effort and even more money.
- The recent ruling from the Spanish Supreme Court allows you to take action against the property developer’s bank (where your money was deposited). This fact changes everything, as now you can sue the bank involved (as they have larger resources to pay you). Even if that bank no longer exists or has disappeared, in most cases they were acquired by larger powerful financial institutions who are now being held responsible.
- If you sued the Bank in the past, then you cannot claim again.
Do I face any risks?
- With Spanish Legal Reclaims working under a No Win, No Fee agreement there are no upfront costs with us and there are no fees to us in the unlikely event we lose your case (not to us, nor to our attorneys).
- Please note we are representing thousands of claimants and we are only filing claims with a very high possibility of winning as we must maintain our reputation in court. We do not want to damage the chances for other claimants, so therefore we analyse every claim in depth (and for free) before proceeding to file claims in court.
- In Spain, when losing in court (unlikely in this case), by law you may have to face litigation costs. Such costs are paid through court to the other party (not to us) and it may be up to 15% of the amounts being claimed. Every lawyer should be transparent about this just as we are. Only SLR can offer to their clients the option to contractually cover these costs.
- Be aware that litigation costs are also an opportunity to receive an extra 15% money on average, because if you win, the other party will have to pay the litigation costs to you, not your lawyers.
I want to make a claim, where do I start?
- Contact us today and we will let you know what documents are needed to analyse your case for free. Our legal team will inform you in your native language in order to guide you through the process and let you know what your chances are in filing a claim.
- We will provide you with clear and accurate information and reply to any questions you may have to help your decision about making a claim. The decision to make a claim is always yours.
- We are fully convinced of the solid legal basis that now allows claimants to recover their money back, as long as they meet the Spanish Supreme Court’s requirements (of which we will inform you once we can analyze your paperwork to assess your chances of winning). We will complete all of the aforementioned for free.
- If your claim is feasible and you decide to go ahead with Spanish Legal Reclaims, we will issue you with an Engagement Agreement and a Power of Attorney to allow us to act on your behalf in court (both documents will be drafted for you at no charge).
I am tired, confused and skeptical about making a claim as this is an old issue, so why should I try and get my money back now?
- Many of our clients are expressing such understandable feelings, as in the past they were wrongly advised by a previous Spanish lawyer and do not trust the Spanish legal system.
- We now have a real window of opportunity that has been opened by the Spanish Supreme Court for buyers to recover their lost deposits.
- The Spanish Supreme Court ruling is solid and clear, it therefore cannot be contradicted. It declares that, in most cases, financial institutions are indeed responsible and should protect the buyers’ deposits (this was not the case in the past). It does not matter if you have claimed previously against the property developer or how much time has passed since that claim was made. You can still claim against the bank who can pay.
- As a consequence of the ruling, if you get professional and experienced advice now, you will have the best chance to win your case in court and recover your money back plus legal interest.